Our client is a leading high street retailer currently looking for an experienced Digital Designer to join their creative studio. This role is responsible for ongoing creative development of their main website and to provide an intuitive, inspiring & exciting shopping experience for their target customer. This position will require management experience as it has two direct reports (Designers). This role reports directly to the Creative Director.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver the Brand vision online ensuring that one "creative voice" is maintained across store & online channels
- Work closely with the Creative Director to generate and develop new ideas
- Translate Creative Design ideas to the website, ensuring that all work is within Brand guidelines
- Ensure in store creative and marketing is consistent with the website.
- Create new visual ideas/concepts and present to Senior Management
- Provide art direction for all new weekly creative tasks e.g. features
- Design and implement creative solutions for all digital platforms; desktop, app, mobile, tablet
- Update the website graphics & the design of all online communications
- Manage team of two to deliver all projects/responsibilities within set briefs and timescales
- Train and develop Designers to help grow technical and creative skills
- Challenge design proposals & act as a sounding board
- Work with the development team to create new and innovative design templates for online content
- Keep up to date with competitor activity and highlight opportunities to team
- Approve all artwork
- Web design experience essential, preferably within fashion retail
- Advanced Photoshop skills, including image retouching
- Illustrator/In design skills essential
- Flash skills - middle weight AS2/AS3 desirable
- Copywriting experience
- Experience of working with a Content Management System (CMS)
- Willingness to work independently on developing new ideas and as part of a wider team
- Ability to manage high pressure situations, tight deadlines and a heavy workload
- A high degree of commerciality
- Forward thinker, who is keen to explore and learn new creative approaches to engage and inspire
- Capacity to build strong working relationships
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels, both written and verbally and strong presentation skills
- Management experience and the ability to operate as a role model to other team members
- Able to link creative input to commercial output
Please send your CV and online portfolio or pdf portfolio stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.