Our client is a leading creative communications agency. They work with some of the largest and most admired companies in the world, from technology to retail and lifestyle brands. The agency is growing and currently have a rare opportunity for a Digital Design Director to oversee and lead on high profile clients and projects.
The role and team
Digital visual designers are makers and storytellers that combine human centered design and craft to bring transformative ideas and experiences to life. They're visual fundamentalists, but approach projects with a clear rational and innovative mindsets, crafting brand systems, compelling products and extending visual languages to bring brands to life.
As the Design Director you will leads the the delivery of key projects for the biggest and most high profile clients and projects. The ideal person is an inspirational and positive leader who embodies and delivers against the wider creative beliefs of the agency.
You will be responsible for setting and maintaining the standard of craft as well as providing oversight and clear actionable direction.
You will be expected to have a 'hands on approach' with 'management' ensuring that junior members of the team are not only setup for success but are actively working towards it.
You will partner with and report to a Creative Director of visual design and actively support and report to the Chief Experience Officer.
Here's what you can look forward to if you are our next Visual Design Director:
- Manage the creative strategy and general direction of client work
- Ensure the quality of work produced is in line with agency and client expectations
- Serve as the department leader and ensure the continued growth of the team
- Manage client relationships and work to deepen their knowledge of interactive marketing
- Identify the conceptual and strategic direction for various projects, and clearly presents those ideas to the team and the client
- You'll be creating best-in-class design outputs that meet and exceed standards.
- You will create concepts and collaborate with strategy, creative, UX, and technology to ensure design work exceeds expectations.
- You will work closely with the Creative Director to lead the design craft and execute the creative vision.
- You will manage and maintain the quality of design throughout all phases of the project.
- You will mentor and manage Designers, motivating them to do their best work
- You bring ideas to the table, but also collaborate effectively with producers, copywriters, designers and developers
- You excel at building strong cross-functional relationships
- You will execute design work to ensure final deliverables meet and client expectations.
Here is what we're looking for:
- In -depth experience that covers brand strategy, brand system design, interactive design and advertising and/or marketing
- A great level of understanding of brand strategy and brand design, human interface design, animation and motion design, illustration and photography and film.
- You will have excellent and extensive experience in Interactive Design
- Have a proven ability to produce cutting-edge creative work, and an advanced understanding of visual design
- Have a passion for design and is aware of emerging trends and technologies
- You will have experience in creating user interface designs mainly for responsive websites
- You'll be confident presenting your work and exhibit exceptional communication skills within internal and external teams
- Embraces challenges, new methods of thinking and is constantly looking at ways to improve both the creative and workflow
- You're familiar with design systems, layouts, brand identity, iconography, and presentation narratives
- A natural problem solver who has the passion to go the extra mile
- Good technical understanding when working alongside developers
- An expert in Sketch (a must have) and proficient in the Adobe suite of tools
Please send CV and portfolio stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.