A Leading Manufacturer based in Buckinghamshire are looking for a Designer to join their marketing team.
The creative designer is responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact. Their designs are required for a huge variety of marketing collateral and activities, such as websites, sales literature (brochures, spec sheets, etc.), direct mail, advertisements, exhibitions and displays, photography, videos, interactive multimedia solutions, corporate communications and corporate identity, i.e. giving organizations a visual 'brand'.
This person must work effectively with a wide range of internal stakeholders including business teams, customers and local offices - guiding and steering them to provide good design briefs and pushing these stakeholders to focus on customer-oriented messaging. The creative designer works to a brief agreed with the customer. They develop creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the customer's objectives with guidance from design team and the corporate branding guidelines.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Responsible for design, layout and maintenance of printed and digital marketing collateral (including online content)
* Responsible for maintaining the photography and literature library, along with storage systems for files. Requires interaction with Product Managers and a general knowledge of the product lines
* Ensures that the design of assigned projects is consistent with approved creative concepts and corporate standards
* Works with vendors to print marketing materials at the best prices
* Ability to take photos or videos using a Digital SLR
* Assists in the development of design concepts for new and existing marketing materials in a variety of mediums - printed collateral, high quality photography and video
Key Competencies (includes skills)
* Must have high energy and be self-motivated - "hands-on contributor"
* Competent in Design and Photography Software - Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and Microsoft Office on PC based platform
* Web UI (HTML & CSS) skills and Web Content Management System (CMS) experience are an advantage
* Good Photography skills, both in a controlled studio environment as well as on site.
* A working knowledge of Video, Sound Editing and Animation software (Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Audition) is preferred but not essential
* Experience with studio lighting and sound capture is an advantage
* Strong design skills including the ability to interpret and implement creative direction
Ideally, a job description should be reviewed annually and updated as often as necessary.
* Knowledge of printing and production methods
* Outstanding project management skills, able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and be able to work within time and budget constraints
* Must be an excellent team player, as well as have the ability to work independently.
* Keeps abreast of emerging technologies in new media, constantly striving to gain further knowledge and willing to learn new things related to creative design
* Requires the ability to handle planning and scheduling of assigned projects
* A recognized qualification in marketing or marketing-related discipline.
* Solid, relevant work experience in the design and media industry. Experience gained in a business-to-business environment is preferred but not essential
* Your portfolio must demonstrate a creative flair across a variety of design projects, some of which must be B2B or industrial based projects
Normal office environment working conditions. When in the factory environment there may be limited physical discomfort due to temperature, noise, dust etc; appropriate PPE will need to be worn where required and adherence to any H&S procedures in the area of work.
This is an office-based role. Some travel to events or other sites, if and when necessary
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.