An independent Healthcare Charity are looking for a Service Designer to support their external team as well as them.
You role will be too lead key strategic projects that will be supported by participatory design. The Designer will have experience in working with a broad range of audiences, including those who may be less familiar or skeptical about design approaches. You will be highly skilled in influencing senior stakeholders in the value of design.
- Provide design expertise to the external team. Draw upon your extensive experience to upskill the team and to demonstrate different ways that design can inform the external team process and overall iniative.
- Responsible for ensuring that the external team process best utilises design approaches. Contribute to the development of the design process, support the design and testing of effective, sustainable improvements in the health and care of people, whilst increasing capacity and capabilities to tackle complex, system-wide problems.
- Work closely with colleagues in the external team to identify and understand learning from the process about how change happens and how collaborative problem-solving approaches can best succeed.
- Scan the external environment and develop strong networks of contacts within design, innovation and academia, to gather applicable intelligence and share our insights. Utilise these relationships to build the external brand. As well as successfully translate and apply learning from other initatives.
- Actively contribute to the ongoing design and development team, identifying opportunities for iteration and improvements to process and practice.
Hours per week: 37.5 (core office hours are 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday). or part time working would be considered.
A willingness to undertake some travel is required for this role.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.