Our client is a global event management company who specialise in creating innovative networking events for their B2B clients.Their shows facilitate face-to-face business meetings between client working across a range of sectors to include international hotel chains, convention bureaux, destination management companies and tech providers.
They have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Design Manager to lead their small inhouse design team. This role will work within the marketing communications department. This position is full time and offers flexi remote working. Their offices are based in Hove, East Sussex and you will be required to work in the office at least 2 days per week.
We are looking for an experienced, organised and super creative design manager to lead a small team in the creation of engaging visuals, assets and graphic communications for a variety of channels and media from live shows to digital touchpoints. Based in the marcomms team of 12, the newly created role of Design Manager will run a small team and will contribute significantly towards annual objectives and strategic priorities for 2021 and beyond. Projects include: A focus on their new live show experiences and creating new digital experiences for their clients.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the design of a wide variety of projects from live show visuals, presentations, digital and print advertising, onsite activations to educational staging, research papers, newsletters and landing pages
- Managing the studio workflow including accepting briefs, allocating work, reporting on volumes and making recommendations on improvements to the current system
- Mentoring and coaching Junior Designers
- There will be a strong focus on the look and feel of future online content
- Contributing to the Show Experience team and managing onsite activations that come from this
- Strong hands-on design experience
- Significant professional Adobe Cloud experience including high level Photoshop, Adobe XD, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience in managing workflows including briefs from multiple sources/departments
- You must have worked in or closely with marketing, content and web teams (either in-house or agency)
- Recent experience in making marketing content beautiful is a MUST
- Working with our web and digital teams, using UX/UI, in the creation of any new digital products
- Managing external specialist creatives (e.g. motion designer) including budgeting for, briefing and day to day contact
- Managing long term branding projects including the development of campaign creatives and companywide
- Collaborating with our communications agencies on key projects
- Guardianship of agreed brand and messaging across all on- and off-line touchpoints
About you, the essentials
- Experience in digital and print commuincations design
- UI/UX Design including creating wireframes
- Experience in designing for mobile interfaces
- The ability to understand the objectives and measurement of any design assets and act on this
- Experience of managing and coaching colleagues
- Experience of working within project management frameworks
- Experience in motion design
- A knowledge of (or interest in) the business events or travel industry
- Proficiency in any foreign language is always valued
- You must possess excellent communication skills, work methodically, meet deadlines and have a very keen eye for detail
- A very creative and innovative mindset with an interest in emerging design and digital trends
- Nice to have is tech tool knowledge includes: Smartsheet, Brojure, Camtasia, Unbouce, Message Focus, feathr
Join our innovative and collaborative team and you'll receive:
- A highly competitive salary
- A brand new, flexi working policy including the opportunity for some remote working
- Newly refurbished, offices with subsidised parking
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare and confidential employee assistance programme
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Travel Incentives
- Monthly "First Friday" drinks with guest speakers
- Recognition programme to reward good deeds and make the office a fun place to work
- A culture promoting your health - In-house Pilates, massages, meditation...and fruit!
- Personal development opportunities ranging from access toground-breaking conferences to in-house training and team building days
Please send CV and portfolio stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.