DEPUTY PRODUCT EDITOR
Keywords: (Fashion, Luxury, Beauty, Ecommerce, Retail)
A talented Fashion Product Editor is required by a world leading premium fashion and lifestyle retail company to work across a range of luxury brands.
Ideal candidates for this role will have a commercial awareness and fashion knowledge/experience. Someone with management/leadership abilities, knowledge of seasonal trends, designers and brands and a genuine passion for the luxury fashion industry.
* Edit product copy in CMS, working to tight high-capacity daily deadlines to ensure all product descriptions are concise and informative, in keeping with the brand tone and showcasing all relevant key details
* Update live copy with amend requests from retail coordinators, Stock Comparison teams and buyers, and liaising with in-house translations team to prioritise changes across all languages as appropriate
* Support team scheduling on a daily basis and take overall responsibility and ownership of the product page from an editorial standpoint when the product editor is absent
* Check amends made to copy and outfit links for reshoots
* Assist product editor to ensure all product editorial is written and maintained in a commercial style, including key seasonal and trend-led information
* Assist with Landing Page audits and seasonal updates
* Contribute to the brand's Style Guide, supporting a consistent review and evolution of the house tone
* Organise and co-ordinate SEO implementation in conjunction with product editor
* Contribute meaningful ideas for product page development
* Various ad hoc duties, including training to flex across other brands
* Assist with team development, supporting a group of writers on a regular basis, monitoring their progress through fortnightly catch ups, recording clear, well-documented feedback and contributing to their probationary and annual reviews
* Inspire and educate the team to develop individual editorial styles.
* A strong sense of commercial awareness and fashion knowledge (trends as well as technical)
* Excellent written English with strong editorial awareness
* Experienced in composing sales-driven copy which combines commerciality with a strong editorial voice
* Previous editing experience
* Previous mentoring experience
* A proven ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
* Sound knowledge of luxury fashion, seasonal trends, designers and brands
* Creative flair and a genuine love of the luxury fashion industry
* A keen sense of personal style
* Team player
* Excellent organisational skills
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.