Our client is a specialist, full service communications agency that partners with some of the most exciting fintech and professional service businesses in the UK and further afield. They have a rare opporunity for a Creative Services Manager to join their busy studio.
What's the role?
With our creative team's ongoing list of projects and client requests, things can get pretty exciting. So we need an even-keeled, assertive multi-tasker to make sure things run smoothly.
You will help our creative, content, video and digital teams to organize projects and deliverables for internal and external clients. You will be the in-betweener for their team and project stakeholders, fielding and assigning requests, managing deadlines and delivering final products.
Reporting to the Executive Creative Director, we need our Creative Services Manager to join our creative team. They will have experience as a production artist and be seasoned in managing a group of at least four production artists or graphic designers. The candidate will be articulate, patient and tenacious, thriving in a high job volume environment and will provide insight for concept. He or she will be able to produce jobs independently with strong collaborative and multitasking abilities. In addition, the candidate will have critical skills in workflow process, scheduling, trafficking and project management.
- Production management/ project management for offline media, charged with development and implementation of our Media Production Schedule
- Support Creative Directors with job assignments and manage deliverables from these resources across 10 different media types
- Run weekly production meetings, holding direct reports accountable for deadlines, while influencing other stakeholders (Copy, Marketing, etc.) to support successful outcomes
- Accountable for improving Creative Workflow, streamlining process for faster turnaround, at less cost, without error, at the highest quality output
- Evaluate all operational aspects of department, including creative hardware/software, their cost-benefit, making sound recommendations to Creative Director to improve process.
- Responsible for trafficking/ tracking jobs, from beginning to end, by resource, so productivity by job type and personnel can be measured and improved upon
- Primary liaise and communication "bridge" between Creative Services & Marketing
- Partnering with CD and Manager of Copy/Content, take our library of Digital Assets, naming convention, and file access procedures to the next level
- Create and maintain product photos for print and web. Manage plan for photography shoots (style list, dates, budget). Manage online photo library and naming conventions
- Create, communicate, implement and document all processes/ SOP's within Creative Services
- Manage all jobs for release to Printer(s)
- Pre-press- uploading PDFs to ftp sites, colour proof approvals, in-site approval and press checks
- Post production - backup jobs, storing of job jackets, post mortems to improve process
- Minimum 6 yrs creative service/studio/production experience
- Minimum 3 yrs managing both creative workflow process and staff of Production Artists
- Background in Catalog/Print Media
- Experience in Digital/ Web Media a plus
- Proficiency working in InDesign. Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
- Superior written/ verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative; great facilitator; leads by example
- Persuasive, fact-based, and articulate with superlative collaboration skills
- Strong sense of urgency combined with close attention to detail. Patient, yet tenacious
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities seamlessly within a fast-paced setting
Please send CV stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.