Our client is a leading award winning retail design agency. They currently have a position for a Creative Project Assistant to join their busy creative studio. Their offices are based in South London.
This role of Creative Project Assistant is varied, with tasks and responsibilities ranging across all departments of the business. Reporting directly to The MD and working under daily instruction from the Senior team, this person will work alongside all other members of staff in various capacities.
This busy role spans many spheres of skill set, from creative thinking and art-working to logistical planning, organisation and communications. Although this role sits initially in the projects department, there will certainly be some straddling of the two main departments, Projects and Production, where this member of the team should become a lynchpin of communication and often coordination between the two. Working across tasks and taking on responsibilities this person will be responsible for taking part in the full end to end project process.
Although day to day work may often be autonomous, there will be daily senior support for this role, with the significant decisions being under direction and worked through as a team.
Reporting to the MD, and/or Senior Management, this role requires an energetic, creative and holistic approach to project support. We are looking for top class interpersonal skills, a detail orientated approach, and an absolute commitment to producing the highest quality exclusive customer experience, and project delivery, no matter the scope of the project. Excellent levels of brand understanding, and awareness of our client needs will be paramount for success within this role, as will the ability to work with and manage suppliers in order to ensure that project executions provide maximum profitability, smooth running and high-quality results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- General assistance to the Project Leads and to the MD, as and when required. This may involve shorter immediate task-based assignments, or more on-going supportive work to span the life of an entire project, alongside a Project Manager
- Go to person in team or any projects requiring work using Adobe Creative Suite / Sketchup
- Receiving briefs from clients, and working on initial stages of interpretation and planning, alongside MD and/or Senior PM and Consultants, to define a project's scope and goals
- Agree clear and attain able project objectives with Senior Management, and see these through to completion
- Work with Project Managers, Designers, visualisers and Production as they create visuals and 3D samples for the client during the design and sampling stages
- Involvement in stages of client sign off and approval processes
- Exploring, developing, sampling and costing with various external partners, material and print suppliers, and formers
- Exploring developing, sampling and costing within-house production team
- Alongside the PM, being a point of contact or clients, and external material/fabrication suppliers
- Assistance Senior team in communications with clients, aiding with strong management of client expectations from brief through to delivery
- Working with PM on budget control
- Assistance with planning and scheduling project timelines
- Working on project administration
- Placing orders in good time, and according to the internal critical path, in order to meet production and dispatch schedules and client delivery deadlines
- Monitoring large and small deliveries, and working on in-house production scheduling with Production and Operations management
- Assisting with planning, resourcing, coordinating and running installations in tandem with the Senior Manager's, and any external installation teams. These are mainly overnight installations, and on rare occasions outside of London
- Some basic site surveying to check measurements, or to introduce external partners to specific sites for planning installations
Essential skills and Experience
- Two yrs minimum within a similar business or creative environment required, ideally client facing
- Understanding of 3D Visual Merchandising for retail, either via experience in another similar agency/industry or from working directly for a retail brand
- Excellent communication skills and high standards of verbal and written English language
- Good level of numeracy required
- Good skills in Excel - Must have a good working knowledge and comfortable using Excel
- Working grasp and demonstrable use of: Adobe creative suite (illustrator/Photoshop/in-design)
- Sketch-up, or other various similar packages very welcome
Please send CV stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.