We have a great opportunity with one of our agency clients. They are a leading full serviced communications agency who specialise in tech, engineering, sports, leisure and manufacturing for large global clients. They are on the look out for a Copywriter who has experience in the B2B sector
The role is brief... we are looking for a Copywriter to work alongside an Art Director and create concepts for print and digital campaigns (advertisements, video storyboards, infographics, digital banners, social, etc). Alongside campaign assets you will create content for (reports, blog content, articles, press releases) - so you will need to be comfortable with and have the ability to work on long and short form copy - the briefs are varied!!
The copywriter is responsible for the creation and development of advertising/campaign ideas, with particular focus on the written words (copy) within these. This copy can be anything from headlines and body copy for print advertising, to digital, video content and social media. Their imagination and flair for writing allows them to create persuasive, engaging copy that helps to solve genuine business problems for their agency's clients.
Alongside campaign assets we also have content creation requirements (white papers, reports, blog content, articles, press releases) - so you would need to be comfortable with and have the ability to be work with the varied briefs you'll receive.
You will be responsible for
- Understanding the context that lies behind a client's business and communications need, and the key proposition and creative brief that is provided as the basis for their work.
- Understanding the target audience and proposed media to be used in the campaign.
- Devising and developing original advertising and communications ideas alongside an Art Director, that engage the target audience and address the client's business problem.
- Presenting those ideas to the Senior Art Director for approval and development, and writing copy through several stages of concepts and executions.
- Generating ideas within the agency (and with clients in more client-facing Copywriter roles) as they move from concept to execution.
- Responding to client and research feedback and continuing to develop the work until final approval stage.
- Working alongside the Art Director to help select photographers, illustrators, video production companies and Directors.
- Overseeing the production of creative outputs e.g. print advertisements, video content, social media content, mailings etc
- Minimum of 3yrs in a copywriter's role within an integrated agency, ideally with experience in B2B.
- Experience in a multi-channel environment, developing and executing ideas across the whole spectrum.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Imaginative and full of ideas.
- Passionate about good writing.
- Able to write clear, accurate and persuasive copy that can engage different audiences.
- Fascinated by people, advertising and brands.
- Able to apply creative thinking to business problems.
- Communicators who can 'sell' ideas in an inspirational way.
- Team players, who can operate effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work as part of a 'creative team', working alongside an Art Director if required.
- Tenacious and resilient throughout the frustrations of an iterative process.
So if we've got your attention and you'd like to be considered then please provide examples of briefs where you have performed both roles, especially B2B examples, along with your CV, Folio and salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.