Freelance job title: EDITOR
This role is 70% copywriting, 30% management of copy schedule.
250 to freelancer.
The copy function is relatively new for the business, and needs building from the ground up. It requires someone who can not only write brilliantly but is equally brilliant at process and production. As the initial creative touchpoint for our projects, the Editor will be expected to work closely with the whole of the creative, content and operations team to ensure briefs are tight, deadlines are met and work moves efficiently through the creative cycle. The Editor will decide if we write original copy for the project or if we quickly repurpose work for reoccurring projects allowing us to be at our most productive and most creative at the same time. The Editor will be responsible for final proofing of all work.
This Editor supports the Content & Creative team and sits within Marketing. It's a freelance position, 4 days/week, preferably Monday-Thursday.
Requirements of the role:
- Writing min. 4 blog posts a week on various content - album releases, artist interviews, music festivals, etc.
- Writing marketing or event campaign copy across advertising, emails, press releases, and printed collateral assets
- Managing copy translation requests across our international offices using an Excel tracking sheet
- Liaising with business stakeholders internationally to approve copy
- Management and creation of all copy process, sign off and recording of approved copy (within an established copy library) and the placement of approved copy within the relevant job folders.
- Management of the copy schedule, liaising with other key studio partners to plan and ensure the final delivery deadline of each project is achievable as a group and the flow of copy to design and content is tightly managed.
- Proofing all copy
- Onboarding and managing other freelancer copywriters to support as per copy schedule
Key competencies to succeed in this role are:
- Prior experience in editor role, running content-copy schedule, and managing copywriting team
- Friendly and diplomatic communication-style would help in this role and a competency with communicating via new technology channels such as Microsoft Teams (if they used Team or Slack previously, this would be a plus!)
- Proficient with Excel (a lot of our copy sits in Excel spreadsheet and I need someone who can come in and confidently create an Excel spreadsheet that can track our incoming international translations)
- Passionate about music! It would be great if they have writing samples on music or artist interviews since they support Content team with a lot of music-focused writing.
- PC and MAC-literate. This person will use a PC desktop space.
To be considered please email me your cv and folio asap.
Only candidates with a folio or blog will be considered.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.