Our client is a leading sports and fintech trading company currently looking for an experienced Content Writer to join a growing team in a vibrant office based on the Hertfordshire borders, just outside NW London. The role will be a mix of working from the office and working from home, with flexibility on the exact split.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking to recruit an experienced Content Writer to join and support our small, skilled and agile marketing team. The successful candidate will be tasked with creating engaging, accurate and informative sports betting content.
You will have excellent copywriting skills, good knowledge of SEO and be able to produce quality content to set deadlines. You will use your expertise and interest across several sports (with a particular focus on football) to ensure you are on top of the latest news and developments in the sporting world including an understanding of the sports betting industry
This role requires a creative mind, helping to come up with new ideas for PR angles or content that may attract attention and engagement, an appreciation of regulatory requirements in place for any written betting copy (e.g. content must be written in a balanced and responsible way) and the ambition to work in a fast-paced, results-focussed environment, with superb communication skills and great organisation.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Sports Content Writer will be responsible for creating all sports content across a variety of platforms predominantly for the website, emails and social media channels but also including press releases, articles for affiliate or sponsorship partners and other areas when required.
This will involve writing the weekly sports emails and betting blogs as well as one-off offer or product update emails, maintaining and updating the content on the automated customer emails, sending daily 'winners' content via email, updating content on our web pages and writing the content for landing pages for new, lapsed and existing customer offers.
You will be responsible for the social media channels, the blog, generating monthly PR coverage, maintaining the list of sports journalists, and keeping up relationships with key affiliates. In addition to this the successful candidate will also work closely with third-party agencies and liaise with our Junior Marketing Assistant when required.
- 2+ years of experience working in a content writing role.
- Excellent and accurate copywriting skills and an in-depth knowledge of football as well as good basic knowledge of other sports.
- Understanding of how to write from an SEO point of view.
- Experience of managing company social media channels.
- An understanding of sports betting and particularly the difference between fixed odds sports betting and spread betting.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday, rising to 30 after 4 years
- Great work-life balance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular company social events
- Private car parking
After 3 months:
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Private Health Scheme with discounts to gyms, travel and cinema tickets
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.