Our Client, a London based Design Consultancy is looking for a Business Development Director.
This newly created role will require you to be responsible for driving sales growth in the business, develop their existing prospective clients, and create new ones at a senior level across the professional services sector in the UK and worldwide.
- Partner with clients' key decision-makers and influencers (C-suite Executives, influencers in Corporate Strategy, Branding, Marketing, Communications) and seek to develop lasting, trusted partnerships to increase the scope and scale of Within's services.
- Deliver on agreed new sales targets and actively contribute to client account planning.
- Negotiate contractual agreements and commercial terms, facilitate pre and post-sales engagement.
- Provide regular client insights and contribute to the development of client solutions.
- Bring and develop a black book of contacts
- Develop and maintain the CRM system to track and report on client activities and opportunities
Skills and experience
- Understanding of the power of consultative sales within a business setting
- Understanding of brand and communications
- Strong interest in the opportunities for brand and communications in the professional services sector (with a keen understanding of the legal sector)
- Proven successful new business sales experience gained in a B2B agency environment, preferably within high-value professional services.
- A self-starter with a strong track record of building a new business portfolio and successfully collaborating with colleagues to execute the sale.
- A lateral thinker with a firm grasp of global economic trends and the ability to continuously translate their implications into strategy thought leadership and business plans.
- Ability to take direction from and upwardly manage senior business owners
- High level of emotional intelligence, confidence, and ability to quickly build meaningful relationships at all levels, internally and externally/internationally, especially at the C-suite level.
- Comfortable dealing with complex client challenges and solutions, with a track record of winning business with large corporate clients
- Confident practitioner of value-based pricing and strategic consultative-led sales.
- An appetite for joining a growing organisation, being comfortable with, and thriving on change.
The successful candidate will be:
- Exceptionally well organised, with a structured approach to pipeline management and crucial new business opportunities across multiple sectors.
- Excellent command of English (verbal and written), other languages would be a benefit.
- A true team player, able to work cross-functionally with different disciplines including consultants, producers, designers, writers, account managers and other experts that are involved in the delivery of exceptional creative work
- Intellectually curious, genuinely interested ('sponge', not 'rock').
- Naturally consultative; seeking first to understand, then to be understood.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with a solutions-oriented attitude.
- Have a tenacious self-starter approach with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Happy to travel (in due course).
- Great to have around.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.