Our client is an award winning full serviced branding and advertising agency based in Berkshire They are currently looking to recruit an Artworker to join the Production team in their busy studio. It's print and production based and perfect for someone who wants to learn!
This role has been designed to support the US team as we need someone who can support them into the evening with their workload. The main days we need someone would be Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday evening (9pm max). However, they are open to how you would like to schedule your working week pattern.
For example… you could work 12 hour days Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and have Monday and Friday off OR they can do half days Monday - Friday (starting in the afternoon on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
The late shift also wouldn't be put in place until 2-3 months after you have started to ensure you are properly trained and settled.
The Studio plays a key part in ensuring that the agency's creative product is executed to the highest possible standard and that delivery deadlines are met. As an Artworker, you will work proactively alongside the cross-functional team assigned to a client or brand, to deliver optimal results at all times. Your key remit is to produce error free artwork for a wide variety of advertising and marketing communication materials.
An Artworker's responsibilities are outlined in the key areas below:
- Working alongside Art Directors and Designers, develop scamps/ideas to finished layouts
- Question briefs given by Art Directors, Designers, Account Handlers, or Project Managers to ensure accurate interpretation
- Implement copy changes and revisions ensuring that the marked up instructions on job bags replicate the printed run outs
- Sign-off artwork once completed
- Produce high resolution PDF's for final reproduction
- If required, check printers' proofs to ensure a high quality printed item
- Keep job bags up-to-date with run-outs/revisions etc.
- Prepare and monitor corporate guidelines, master logos, master pi's etc. for consistent use throughout the agency
- Prepare error free artwork for print or other media
- Create digital files for production e.g. banners, e-mailers, iPad e-details, websites
- Create and modify PowerPoint / interactive PDF and Keynote presentations
- Prepare colour mock-ups and presentation board
- Undertake any other task, deemed to be appropriate to this role, as directed by your line manager or another manager
- An Artworker is expected to have the following skills and knowledge:
- Experience in a similar environment agency or inhouse
- Intermediate knowledge of the Design Standard software packages in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- An intermediate knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
- A basic knowledge of Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel
- First class Mac visualisation skills
- An appreciation of design and layout and a good eye for detail
- Excellent knowledge of print and repro, including a thorough understanding of the production process from concept to final item
- A good working knowledge of and ability to use the colour copiers / Epson wide format device
- As the demand for digital work increases, all Artworkers are expected to work towards acquiring knowledge that will
- Some knowledge of web-based email marketing software (such as Vertical Response, Campaign Monitor and MailChimp)
- Some knowledge of HTML and CSS
Please send CV and portfolio stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability