Our client a London based luxury fashion and retail agency are looking for an Associate Art Director (still) to join their team.
This role is based in the UK but requires travel overseas 2 -3 times each month where the studios are located.
The Associate Art Director (Stills) will promote creativity and new ideas across the stills eCommerce images for the website showcasing each products USP. You will support the Art Director (Studio) with new projects and special projects ensuring that every stills image conveys their attitude and distinct tone of voice, inspiring customers and increasing the conversion rate.
- You will support the Art Director, in testing and researching new creative ideas to develop the team and the product photography/styling shot by the studio team.
- You will share best practice to improve the technical and creative capability of the studio team, managing the results and responsible for thousands of stills images shot throughout the year.
- You will provide technical knowledge to 9 product photographers and 2 photography team leaders in relation to photography, product styling, lighting, composition and crops, establishing guidelines to convey the direction and mood.
- You will need to be comfortable being hands-on directing still life and flat photography across all categories by motivating the team and overseeing any special projects.
- You will work with the photography team leaders and the studio manager to prepare the team to adapt to new techniques following upcoming projects.
- You will present bi-weekly in-depth product photography reviews of NEW IN to the Art Director noting feedback and prioritising improvements.
- You will lead by example in shooting and retouching images to the highest standards, with particular reference to challenging items, like fine jewellery, showing the team how this can be achieved and ensuring they can apply these insights.
- You have experience in stills photography, within editorial and luxury e-commerce environment.
- You have a portfolio in stills product photography across an array of client/brand environments.
- You have outstanding technical knowledge in both photography and retouch.
- You have great communication skills with the ability to bring creative ideas and follow briefs.
- You can cultivate a test-and-learn culture, ensuring everyone in your team can contribute to how we redefine e-commerce photography.
- You are commercially focused and curios to understand the performance behind the images.
- You are comfortable in developing a team.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.