Role: Art Director
Salary: Up to £40k
Our client is a London based award winning marketing agency and they are looking for an Art Director to join the growing team. The clients focuse is on B2B tech -across the tech, engineering and manufacturing sectors for large global clients. They also have clients in the sports and leisure sector.
Part of the job involves working alongside a creative copywriter. You'll be getting under the skin of complex propositions and producing creative solutions that solve business problems. The other part of the job is creating visual layouts, often to strict brand guidelines. That includes brochures, whitepapers, print ads, presentations, infographics, brand guidelines, point of sale assets, landing pages, animated banners, and emails.
- Understanding the context that lies behind a client's business and communications need, and the key proposition and creative brief that is provided as the basis for the work.
- Understanding the target audience and proposed media to be used in the campaign.
- Devising and developing original advertising and communication ideas that engage the target audience and address the client's business problem.
- Presenting ideas to the client services team for approval and development, and collaborating to write copy through several stages of concepts and executions.
- Generating and maintaining enthusiasm for ideas within the agency and, crucially, with clients directly as they move from concept to execution.
- Producing sketches, visual references and storyboards to convey the concept to the agency team, and then on to client, designers and producers.
- Responding to client and research feedback and continuing to develop the work until final approval stage.
- Staying up-to-date with available talent for commissioning among photographers, illustrators, film directors and editors, animators, designers and copywriters through regularly reviewing their work and showreels.
- Selecting photographers, illustrators, film production companies, designers, writers, models and cast involved in all aspects of the creative production.
- Overseeing and directing the production of creative outputs e.g. print advertisements, films, websites and digital content, direct mailings, and social media content.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
- Imaginative and full of ideas.
- Able to distinguish between a central, core idea and the executional possibilities it gives rise to.
- Knowledgeable, with an eye for the best in contemporary art and design.
- Aware of the latest production techniques, tools and materials.
- Fascinated by people, advertising and brands.
- Able to apply creative thinking to business problems.
- Effective communicator who can 'sell' ideas in an inspirational way.
- Team player, with the ability to operate effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Tenacious and resilient.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.