This role calls for an experienced Marketing Manager to manage the implementation and maintenance of marketing and communications policies for a global insurance company.
Strategy: Formulate and integrate a marketing strategy and communications plan for the UK Company.
Branding: Raise the profile of the brand including; / logo / intellectual positioning / corporate guidelines / corporate standards – both internally and externally, ensuring consistency of message and ethos throughout all communication.
PR: Project manage integrated marketing campaigns. Undertake all administration relating to outsourced PR initiatives (i.e. liaison between external agencies and internal departments). Manage all press releases, interviews etc. ensuring consistency and clarity of message.
Stakeholders & Product Knowledge: Establish effective relationships with a number of key stakeholders. Have a general understanding of company products and their benefits.
Website: Update regular items on the website and ensure it is kept up to date and accurate at all times.
Intranet: Raise the profile and functionality of the Intranet system and ensure content is regularly updated with accurate information.
Advertising: Undertake all administration relating to advertising initiatives including liaison with external agencies and internal departments.
Literature: Create customised presentations and other marketing materials for the UK Company. Ensure all marketing literature is kept up to date and general administration thereof.
CEO Updates: Co-ordinate and produce CEO UK Board trading/strategy updates to employees as required.
Studies: Publish any studies/technical analysis etc. conducted by the company.
Desk Top Publishing: Be able to manage some in-house DTP e.g. invitation production, badges, amendments to internal strategy documents, newsletter production.
Agency liaison: Liaise with external marketing agencies and providers and ensure contract fulfilment.
Market research: Monitor competitors’ internal & external marketing on an ongoing basis.
External marketing: Coordinate sponsorships and external speaking opportunities; manage corporate presence at road shows and other external events and conferences.
General: Contribute to other ad hoc and regular marketing related activities as required including the link to Group marketing initiatives as may be required.
• Proven track record in a marketing and business development role
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
• CIM qualification or desire to pursue in near future
• Competent in IT software including Microsoft Office & desk top publishing e.g. Adobe Illustrator / Indesign / Photoshop
• Ideally with experience in the Insurance industry
• Highly commercial with a strong operational & strategic approach
• Understanding of modern marketing strategies, processes and techniques
• Ability to deliver established marketing mechanics and core marketing processes.
• Ability to bring new ideas to the table which are ambitious and exciting but always grounded in reality.
• The ability to liaise and influence at all levels in order to achieve commitment to agendas, decisions and ideas.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to flex various project briefs.
• Manage a marketing and communications budget.
• Strong administrative and multi-tasking skills
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, combined with innovative thinking
• Must have strong attention to detail, organisational and time management capabilities
• Must be both creative and analytical